Ok, I’ll admit, I’ve been slacking on this one for quite some time. I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award three times and keep forgetting and putting off reposting the questions.
Recently I received an email telling me that someone had commented on my blog post (woohoo!!). When I was surprised to find that I saw that I had been nominated for a Liebster Award by Klara Parker, whose blog is titled Book Addict. Not knowing what this “Liebster Award” thing was, I did a bit of research to find out the origins of this mysterious award.
Basically, the Liebster Award is a blogging award that has been floating around for several years now. Bloggers nominate fellow bloggers with fewer than 300 followers to answer the 11 questions that they’ve posted, and in return nominate 11 more bloggers and have them answer 11 new questions that you’ve created. It seems like a great way to discover some new blogs to follow and gain some new followers in the process.
So, here we go.
The rules are as follows:
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
- Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers and leave them a comment saying they’ve been nominated.
- Ask 11 new questions for your chosen nominees.
- You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you
1. I have a 21 month old daughter.
2. I changed my college major 4 times and minor 3.
3. I’m an only child.
4. I’ve never been further west in the US than PA, but I’ve spent 6 weeks in South American and 10 days in Italy.
5. If I could be a professional student, I’d do it in a heartbeat.
6. My dream job is to be a fact-checker.
7. I minored in anthropology
8. I work in special education
9. My favorite American city is Washington, D.C.
10. I was a waitress for 15 years.
11. I’m a night person, but love having the mornings to myself.
My answers (and some of these were tough!):
1. What is your favorite book series of all time ?
I’ve just completed the Harry Potter series and can easily say it has become my favorite series. I’m currently on my second read-through.
2. Your favorite book couple ?
Ron and Hermione. Their romance was an incredibly minor part of the series, but what I liked was that Ron got the girl, not Harry. It was obvious from early on that they would get together, but what was nice was that there really was never a thought that she might end up with the hero of the story.
3. What was the first book you read ?
First chapter book? Kristy’s Great Idea, book 1 of The Baby-Sitters Club by Ann M. Martin. I was 7.
4. Who is your favorite character of all time ?
Is this a trick question?
5. What is your favorite book genre ?
It really varies. For a while it was YA paranormal, sometimes it’s NA comedy/romance, but most often I enjoy dystopian works, preferably ones that don’t center around teenagers in love.
6. Do you like reading books before watching the movie adaptation, or watch the movie and then read the books ?
I actually just came to the conclusion on this after watching the Harry Potter movies. I’ve decided that seeing the movies first is best (as long as they’re decent adaptations) because when I read the books after, I get so much more, almost like getting that additional book or two in the series that I inevitably want.
7. Who is your favorite author ?
I can’t name just one. Richelle Mead and J.K. Rowling are great for paranormal, Kristan Higgins for comedy romance, and Dan Wells is good for dystopian that doesn’t center around love triangles.
8. Your favorite book quote ?
Pretty much anything from The Tao of Pooh. Never have I marked up a book as much as I did that one.
9. Three books that made you cry ?
Where the Red Fern Grows, most of the Harry Potter series, and The Art of Racing in the Rain.
10. Do you prefer e-books or “physical books” ?
Its a toss up. I love seeing the books stacked on my shelves and being able to make notations in physical books. But I also love not having to always carry one with me and not being stuck sitting in the doctor’s office with a book I don’t like.
11. Best book vilain ever ?
It’s a tie between Dimitri Belakov from Vampire Academy and Gollum.
My questions for nominees:
1. What is your dream job?
2. Could you live in your hometown your entire life?
3. What was your first job?
4. If you went to college right now, what would you major in?
5. What is your favorite scene from a book?
6. What movie adaptation would’ve been better as a TV series?
7. What book is closest to you right now? Or, what ebook is first in your library?
8. Did you have a favorite book series growing up?
9. Favorite painting?
10. What is your favorite book location (city, state, country, planet, etc.)?
11. What author would you like to hang out with for a day or two?
Sky Hegyes http://skyehegyes.com/
A Novel Adventure http://anoveladventurebegins.blogspot.com/
Books With Pizzazz http://bookswithpizzazz.blogspot.com/
Fictionally Obsessed http://fictionallyobsessed.blogspot.com/
Gizzimomo’s Book Shelf http://gizzimomosbookshelf.blogspot.com/
Where Books Lead Us http://wherebooksleadus.blogspot.com/
Gorgeous Books http://gorgeousbooks.wordpress.com/
A Perfection Called Books http://aperfectioncalledbooks.blogspot.com/
Benni’s Bookbiters http://bennitheblog.com/bookbiters/